Tuesday, June 5, 2012

That Time of Day

You know that time of the day when you just want a snack... for me it's usually round 3:30; a couple of hours after lunch (and 30 minutes before our cafeteria closes).

Now, I realize a good choice of a snack is an apple, or a cut up red pepper that I bring sometimes, or my 90-calorie Fiber One bar (have you tried the chocolate pretzel with caramel one - it's amazing!), but sometimes I just want my salty carbs!

Every so often I give in and go down to the cafeteria and get a bag of pretzels.  I just can't help it.  It makes the whole day better. 

However, on a recent excursion to the cafeteria in search of something salty, I found these:


These are hallow pretzels.  They are literally just the crunchy, salty pretzel shells without any of the inside.  Now, it's not that these are necessarily healthier (they still have 110 calories and 22 grams of carbs in 1 oz), but they ARE all natural, and have only 5 ingredients: unbleached wheat flour, canola oil, salt, yeast & soda.

I'm just saying, if you're going to eat pretzels, why not eat the all natural ones with no preservatives?  Besides, the whole point of a pretzel is for that salty crunch, and that's all you get in this bag :)

1 comment:

  1. so it's kinda like a flagel. What a great snack! And I'm gonna try the chocolate pretzel/caramel fiber one bar after I finish my costco size box of fiber one chocolate brownies.

    ReplyDelete